Women Who Care Leadership Womenar 2016
You are welcome to use these resources to re-write your leadership story and to anchor your leadership growth for 2017. Remember that you are the expert on you - and you have the power to choose differently. So go ahead, dare to begin.
Please acknowledge the author or owner if you use or share them.
Keep your WWC Womenar Leadership Story Mudmap handy and work on the next small action you could take.
Veronica's recommended reading:
- Amy Cuddy - Presence: Bringing your BOLDEST SELF to your BIGGEST CHALLENGES
- Gretchen Rubin - Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
- Veronica Strachan - Breathing While Drowning: One Woman's Quest for Wholeness
I have a squillion other books that I'd recommend but these are the ones I mentioned on the day.
Anne's recommended reading:
- A good Tedx Talk - Inclusion, Exclusion, Illusion and Collusion : Helen Turnbull at TEDxDelrayBeach
- Key concepts, case studies and readings - gender-competent-leadership/genovate4.html
- Some thoughts from Avril Henry - what-feminism-&-equality-really-mean
- The effects of unconscious bias in the workplace - unc-white-paper-the-real-effects-of-unconscious-bias-in-the-workplace-Final
- The Victorian Governments recently released Gender Equality Strategy – an outcome of the Royal Commission into Family Violence and a good framework to have in mind - http://www.vic.gov.au/women/gender-equality/a-victorian-gender-equality-strategy.html. This is high level and focuses on system change. It does make reference to shifting embedded and harmful attitudes but doesn’t address unconscious bias directly. The action plans and the Prevention Strategy currently being developed should do that.
Thank you for being a part of our inaugural Womenar.
We hope to see you at another Women Who Care event in 2017.
The world needs you and your leadership.
So, we'll stay in touch and offer any help we can...
We'll let you know when the new website is up and the next event is booked.
Have a fabulous festive season.
Veronica & Cathy